How to Revive and Follow Up on Old Leads
Do you have 100's or 1000's of old leads that have gone cold? Would you like to automate the follow up of those stale leads and reactivate new sales opportunities?
Automate the tedious outbound outreach of old leads and focus on re-engaged inbound lead inquiries with a CallAction revive lead campaign.
Learn how to setup a lead re-engagement campaign on CallAction to revive leads with sms, voicemail, video and image texts.
Steps to Setup a Revive Old Leads Campaign
- Segment your old leads into groups by age and/or lead source
- Create the CSV file of old leads to upload into CallAction
- Setup a new phone number for tracking of conversions
- Upload and tag old leads
- Record the voicemail for the Revive drip campaign.
- Launch your lead revive campaign
If you have old leads, let's get started. The entire process should take about 15 mins total.
If you are not currently a CallAction client, your can setup a free 14-day trial and we will help you revive up to 250 old leads.
1. Create Segmented Lists of Old Leads
We suggest you filter and segment your leads in your CRM into highly targeted lists for better conversion tracking and then export as CSV.
Some lead segmentation ideas:
- Lead Sources (PPC, social media, portals, website leads, funnel leads, etc)
- Group by date, 60-90 days, 90-120 day, etc.
- Last contact date, never responded, etc.
You'll need to create these list as a CSV file in order to upload the old leads into CallAction.
2. How to Format the CSV of Old Leads for Upload into CallAction
We need a simple CSV (comma separated value) file to upload and import old leads into CallAction. Following is the required column order:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Name (first & last)
Columns of the CSV file must be in that exact order: Phone, Email, Name.
Optionally, you can also include additional information like address and tags in the upload CSV file format.
3. Setup a New Revive Lead Campaign Number for Tracking
We recommend that you setup a new campaign tracking phone number for revive campaigns to track your reengagement of old leads.
- Learn how to setup a new call tracking / campaign number now.
- Set the Campaign name for the call tracking number.
4. Upload Your Old Leads into CallAction
You are now ready to upload your old lead CSV files into CallAction lists.
- Login to CallAction
- Click on top right Profile
- Scroll and click on Upload Contacts
- Select your new revive campaign phone number
- Enter a descriptive list name
- Enter tags to filter and track your uploaded lists
- Select your CSV file
- Click the check box Acknowledgement
- Click on Upload and Save Contacts
Contacts will be uploaded into CallAction.
5. Record voicemails for lead Revive campaign
Next, we will run a process to verify all phone numbers, check for duplicates or existing leads in CallAction and return final count. This will take up to a few minutes depending on number of old lead contacts uploaded.
Note, you can download the failed uploads to correct and append back to same list.
Now, you will record and setup the three ringless voicemails messages that are part of the campaign.
- Scroll down to Upload Contacts
- Click on Upload Details
- Click on Start Revive Campaign
- Call the media library voicemail upload number
- Record the scripts on the page
- Select the 1st voicemail as 1st campaign audio
- Select the 2nd voicemail as 2nd campaign audio
- Select the 3rd voicemail as 3rd campaign audio
6. Start Revive Campaign
- Click Launch Revive Campaign
Done! If this is completed Mon - Fri before 4pm your local time, the revive campaign will start immediately with the first 50 contacts.
The campaign will continue to run Mon - Fri until all old leads have been assigned a campaign. If you have multiple old lead follow up campaigns, the next one will be start upon completion of previous campaign.
Manage Running Revive Campaign
You can manage currently running revive campaigns to slow down delivery cadence, pause or end campaigns. You can also use our dialer to manually call leads and when leads responds. Our lead to call automations allow you to assign a new drip campaign to nurture loan term.
Do You have Old Leads to Follow Up and Re-engage?
Setup a free, obligation 14-day trial of CallAction. You'll be able to start your old lead follow up on 100 old leads for free.